The Lake House Restaurant
The Lake House Restaurant is currently open Thursday through Sunday, from 11 AM until closing. Please join us for a wonderful meal on beautiful Lake Canadarago. You can see our menu and daily specials here.
Years at The Lake House: Past to Present
Built in the year 1843, The Lake House is one of the oldest continually operating establishments in the Cooperstown and Leather-stocking Regions. It has been the home away from home for guests from the Cooperstown and Richfield Springs areas for more than 160 years. Lake House includes a restaurant, tavern, lodging, and an expansive lawn and shoreline. Come enjoy a nice meal in the tavern, or outside on the deck as you watch the sunset over the water.
The Lake House in the year 1930 | The Lake House Present Day
10 Reasons To Do Business With Us!
1. Convenient hours 7am - 10pm by phone, seven days a week.
2. Easy access, handicap access with off-street parking and handicapped parking with ramp.
3. Owner sits at or near front desk and answers the phone, and also has it forwarded to his cell phone so he never misses a call!
4. Locally owned, not owned by anyone far away or unknown.
5. Profits are reinvested locally. We spend our profits on capital improvements in local real estate. An example is our outdoor stage.
6. We improve our community, most materials and contractors are local.
7. Experienced in business since 1971; Photography Studio for 20 years, Flower shop, day care center for 25 years, saw mill, retail lumber yard, restaurant & tavern since 1997, lodging/ hotel. Owner is a second year law student at Syracuse University. The Lake House is the oldest business in Otsego County, established in 1843.
8. Our staff is professional and courteous.
9. Humans answer the phone, not a machine. 95% of the time it is Gene Corrigan, the owner. We do not have an answering machine and the phone rings at Gene's home after hours. Calls are forwarded to his cell phone when he is not at his desk. He is available seven days a week by phone.
10. All of our employees live and work in Oneida, Herkimer, and Otsego Counties and most of the staff has been here for many years, and will hopefully be here for years to come.
Guess Who's 100! Learn all about our over 100 year-old Piano at the Lake House.